Sunday 24 April 2016

Take the Challenge with Mou - April



I really like Take the Challenge with Mou at Design Memory Craft, the blog of Faber-Castell. Playing with my Gelatos makes me so happy. It makes my cards more artsy and mixed media like. It is always so fun just to play and see what comes out. I was about to throw this card in the trash because what I tried to do (using a resist techniqe to achieve a soft watercolor feel) didn't work out. But when I started to add more gelatos and rubbing them in I kind of liked the result so I continued working on the card.

The theme for this challenge was Spring has sprung. Nature is renewed and young again. So, how about creating something that relates to the new and young? Well, I read flowers! Spring really makes me think of flowers. After every winter I am flabbergasted that the nature (and I!) has survived another winter!
I started by stamping and embossing on a watercolor paper to create a resist. I rubbed some Gelatos in and to add some more interest to the cluster of flowers I stamped some more stamen around the embossed flowers. I finished the card off by adding a frame and the word 'hello'. Hello is so versatile, isn't it?

MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
Flora - BasicGrey

DIE:
Crea-Nest-Lies: CLNestXXL36
Lawn Fawn: Lawn Cuts - Scripty Hello
INK:
Embossing Stamp Pad - Tsukineko
Embossing Powder: clear - Hero Arts
Distress Ink Pad: worn lipstick
Gelatos: pistachio, watermelon, guava, tangerine, aqua dolce, metallic melon
OTHER:
Watercolour paper, Aquafine, 300 g/m², hot pressed- Daler Rowney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!