Sunday 25 October 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge - Oktober, 2015


Over at Waffle Flower there is a challenge going on and the technique of the month is embossing. There is also a sketch and a photo inspiration.



 



I needed to make a card for a friend of mine who lost a friend in cancer last week. I wanted to make a card in white and in bright colors. I find it so hard to deal with death. It feels like someone has been erased from a movie. It's like watching Pretty Woman and instead of Julia Roberts there's a white silhouette where she was supposed to be. I don't think I'll ever get used to it.
This technique illustrates that feeling a bit too. I stamped and embossed the pot with flowers two times and painted one image with watercolors. I cut the watercolored image slightly smaller and attached it to the uncolored image before I attached it all to the card. The die cut sentiment is also embossed.
I wanted to use this stamp of potted flowers from Waffle flower because I've seen it used in a similar way and also because this friend and I ordered these stamps together a while ago.





MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
Waffle Flowers - Potted

INK & COLOR:
Versamark
Papermania - Embossing powder - Seafoam White
Winsor & Newton - Watercolors
DIES:
Waffle Flower - With Love

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. I hope your soft watercolor brings comfort to your friend. It is a LOVELY card. Thank you for linking up to the Waffle Flower October Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your friend's loss. Your friend definitely happy and filled with love with your lovely card. Your card is so beautiful! Great job! Thank you for joining the Waffle Flower October Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your friends loss...your card is so soft and pretty, I'm sure she will cherish it. Thanks so much for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss. I am sure this soft watercolor card will comfort her. Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!