Sunday 11 October 2015

Cardabilities - Final Sketch Reveal #132

Celebrate the wonder
(74 Days until Christmas!)

I found a really, really pretty sketch at Cardabilities: Final Sketch Reveal #132. It seems like it is the last? Such a shame, I just found the blog. I am in love with this sketch though and I will use it again. I love when the main image isn't in the middle of the page. I really, really liked creating after this sketch.

I started by playing around with some distress inks on a piece of watercolor paper. I find it really hard to get that beautiful watercolored look that everybody else is getting. I stamped with a text stamp, made some splashes with the distress ink stains and added circles by coloring in an old lid.
Since Christmas is coming up (74 Days left!) I had that in mind and decided only to use greens. I also found some nice mistletoe dies I wanted to use.
I sew the border die onto the card. Since I dont have a stiched die yet I sew on my sewing machine without a thread around the borders.
The frame is made out of Marta Stewarts Crafter's clay and I have had it lying around for ages. It's really fun to make them out of the clay - it has such a nice texture! - but I don't know what to do with the frames after I've made them. I think they really looked nice on this card! Finally I stamped a sentiment in the frame and filled it with 3D glaze and some glitter.





MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
Penny Black - Wonder Collection

Hero Arts - G2679 Thanks
INK:
Distress Ink Stain . peeled paper, crushed olive
Distressed Ink Pad - Peeled Paint
StazOn - Jet Black
DIES:
Magnolia Doohickeys - Mistletoe Lace, Snowflake & Mistletoe
OTHER:
Martha Stewart - Crafter's Clay and mould (start set)

YouDo - 3D Crystal Glaze
Sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Hi..Your card is so lovley, the mixed media looks fabulous.. thanks for joining in with Cardabilities..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so stunning card, I love colors and mixed media background :)

    ReplyDelete

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!