Monday 27 July 2015

Life Book week 30

Letting Go and Letting In with Flora Bowley (Main lesson)


Abstract isn't really my cup of tea, actually, but this lesson seemed like a good lesson to losen up a bit more since I haven't been painting for a while.
The first part of the lesson was to gather up a visual language and even though it seemed a bit boring - I wanted to start painting! - I think it was a great learning experience.
Flora works on two paintings at the same time in order to let the pieces dry up a bit before adding more layers. I also think it is a good way to paint intuitively.
I liked the idea of letting go and letting in and not being too precious about what you're creating. It was  fun painting like Flora Bowley, but a bit challenging. It took a while before I liked what I was doing. I think I will do more of this. I really enjoy painting freely!
The final paintings got a bit dark so I had to lighten them up with a bit of doodling with a white Sharpie this morning. I am quite pleased with what I came up with!

To find out more about Flora Bowley, please visit her site www.braveintuitiveyou.com

Painting #1

Painting #1 - the process


Painting #2
Painting #2 - the process


MATERIAL:
Acrylics from Panduro
Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers
Different mark makers
White Sharpie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!