Sunday 19 July 2015

Life Book week 16

Being Here Now with Alena Hennessy (Bonus Lesson)


I have taken a break from Life Book lately. I felt that the lessons took a bit too much time. But I miss painting so I wanted to find a fairly quick and easy lesson to get me back on the train and I found this bonus lesson by the super sweet Alena Hennessy. Just by watching her talk on the videos I got so calm and felt really happy!

To find out more about Alena Hennessy, go to www.alenahennessy.com

We were supposed to do three warm up paintings to loosen ourselves up and to access our intuitive and free-nature style of painting. The paintings should be done in 15, 10, and 5 minute increments. The lesson is all about freeing up your hand and playing with the paint to tap into the way we created as children. This is a super fun and immediately satisfying little lesson, Alena Hennessy wrote, and I can agree with that!

It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.


-Picasso

This is not my style in painting at all and I don't even know if I like them yet. But it was really freeing. It felt good in my heart! The first painting took me 13 minutes, the second 8 minutes and the third 5 minutes. I completed the paintings with some doodling in the sofa in front of the tv during the commersials. I just had to finish them!

15 minutes painting

10 minutes painting


5 minutes painting


MATERIAL:
Acrylics from M and Golden
Neocolors
India Ink
Different pens
Sharpie in black, white, silver
Posca in black, white

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!