Saturday 18 July 2015

A blog Named Hero



A Blog Named Hero has a photo challenge this month. I was inspired by the rainbow colors and started playing around trying to make a rainbow. When I was looking for inks to use I found this rainbow ink pad that was popular many, many years ago in the bottom of my drawer. So I decided to make something with that as well. I haven't used that one for AGES!! I ended up with two different cards and since I used almost only stamping on both I'm entering Virginia's View Challenge #16 with both as well.


The inspiration photo from
A Blog Named Hero


The background is made with a chevron stamp. I used the colors yellow, orange, red, pink, purple, blue and green. For each row I overlapped half of the previous stamped chevron pattern. By doing this I got a nice graduated pattern.

I die-cutted the word 'thanks' directly in the background and like five more from scrap pieces of paper. I glued them all together and the piece from the background on top to get the sentiment raised from the background. Finally I added some 3D glaze on it. 

My StazOn ink pad is a bit tricky to stamp with, I think I have a poor copy. I don't get enough ink on my stamp and have to press really, really hard. This time I stamped so hard so the paper tore and I got a piece left on the stamp. So I had to add some more decorations, hence the eyelets!


Close-up.


MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
Gummiapan - Chevron, Cloud
Hero Arts - scallop border CL288, unknown set (the bird)
DIE:
Paper Smooches - thanks word 2 die
INK:
StazOn - Jet Black
Pretty Color Pigment Stamp Pad in different colors
ProMarkers
Distress Ink Pad - Pumice Stone
OTHER:
Eylets
Baker's Twine from Ordning & Reda
YouDo - 3D Crystal Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!