Wednesday 24 June 2015

Take It Make It challenge - June

My entry for the TIMI challenge

The Take It Make It challenge in June is about a technique, and the technique is 'Texture'.

A few issues ago in Craft Stamper there was an article I really liked: Journal Your Heart Out by Magda Polakow (Craft Stamper May p. 56). I had to try it straight away! The author went through her bin for scrap pieces of paper and fabric which she glued onto a heavy paper with gel medium. She covered it all with a thick layer of gesso. Finally she smeared Gelatos over it and added some Crackle Glaze to a few areas. I stopped after a thin layer of gesso as I wanted the papers to show through a bit. I also wanted the background white.

My husband wanted me to make a card for a co-worker of his who is retirering after 42 years in the same company. I wanted to keep the card quite simple and quite manly, so I figured a piece of this background, a bit of stamping and a charm would be plenty.


42 years of work!
(That is my whole life minus one year!)


Close-up of Crackle Paint


I cut a panel from the the background and distressed the edges with Black Soot. I stamped the number 42 and coloured it with a Distress Marker and added some Distress Crackle Paint over it. Unfortunately the green on the paper beneath it reacted with the Crackle Paint and it got very green.
I added some Distress Paint and some splashes of Distress Stains randomly over the mint green card. Then I stamped different office related stuff directly to the card since my husband and his co-worker work in an office. Finally I added the bike charm since the co-worker likes biking a lot.


Close-up of office stamp

Close-up of layers



MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
Clear Art Stamps - Office 101

Clear Art Stamps - A Sexy Little No.
INK:
Distress Paint - Cracked Pistachio
Distress Marker - Cracked Pistachio
Distress Stain - Cracked Pistachio
Distress Ink Pad - Cracked Pistachio, Black Soot
Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy
StazOn - Jet Black
OTHER:
Card + envelope from Panduro
Baker's Twine  from Granit
Different pieces of scrap papers, fabric and lace
Gel medium
Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!