Sunday 22 February 2015

Take It, Make It Challenge : February

Well hello!
 

I'm still in love with the freebie stamp from Craft Stamper so I decided to use it for the Take It, Make It Challenge as well. You might think that I don't have a many stamps but that is very, very wrong! I have too many, actually. But I just adore this little birdie. I also like challenging myself to use one stamp in different ways.

So, the challenge back over at Craft Stamper was to use stencils. I'm using my favourite stencilling technique, reverse stencilling with Distress Inks. Looking on the net for the name of the technique I also found the name of my favourite stencil which I bought second hand without a name; Wall Flowers/Claudine Hellmuth!

I used the reverse stencilling technique on the background. Tim Holtz explains the technique on his blog. I made it a little different by adding the ink on my craft mat, misted and then placed the stencil in the ink. I think the colors became a little softer this way. I didn't plan to, I just didn't remember the technique!
I really wanted to use the new distress color, cracked pistachio, so I stamped the bird first with Distress Paint and then with black StazOn a little off centre. I die-cutted a circle and added black thread on the 3D foam pads before I put the circle black. Lastly I traced the stencil with a black pen on the card.

I used a lot of Distress Paint since I wanted to add the cracked pistachio
 color to my card.

I attached the thread to the 3D foam pads before I put
the die-cutted circle back.

I traced some flowers from the stencil to the border of the card.

MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
Freebie from Craft Stamper October 2014
INK:
Distress Ink Pads: cracked pistachio, gthered twigs, ripe persimion, black soot
Distress Ink Paint: cracked pistachio
StazOn: Black
STENCIL:
Claudine Hellmmuth: Wall Flowers
OTHER:
Blach thread
Dymo
Staedtler Pigment Liner

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the stamp too !! I have also become your latest blog follower !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sid! And thanks for becoming my THIRD follower! You made me so happy! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the thread technique! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Renee, and thanks for the challenge!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! Love the splash of colour. Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda, and thanks for the challenge!

      Delete
  4. Hej hopp!

    Ville bara informera dig att det var ett helt underbart lite projekt som du har gjort där, resultatet är så helt underbart.

    Stort tack för att du delade med dig av detta och jag önskar dig en underbar fortsatt vecka! :)

    Med varma hälsningar,
    Jesper K
    DYMOSupport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Jesper!
      Tack så jättemycket!!
      Ser att du jobbar på DYMOSupport. Jag vill dela med mig av en kul grej; dymon som jag har använt i mitt projekt är min pappas gamla, det är en lite finare modell med utbytbara alfabet. Jag fick inte leka med den när jag var liten och var nog ganska ledsen för det eftersom jag alltid gillat att pyssla och greja. För ett antal år sedan när jag hade köpt en skruttig dymo på loppis så letade jag dymoband och frågade pappa om han hade några gamla kvar. Då fick jag hans fina gamla! Så vid ungefär 35 års ålder så var jag betrodd att använda den! Jag tycker det är en rolig historia. När jag använder dymon idag så ler jag alltid och tänker på att jag inte fick använda den när jag var liten! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Fabulous! Love the soft stencilling and the offset stamping. Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shirley-bee! Thanks for the challenge!

      Delete
  6. Fab card, love the use of the stencil as the traced background as well as the distress technique. Good luck in the Craft Stamper Challenge this month.
    NIkki K. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swooon I am in love with this, thank you so much for joining us over at Craft Stampers TIMI Challenge xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tracy! Thanks for the challenge!

      Delete

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!