Friday 18 July 2014

'Take the challenge' - July

'Take the challenge' in July is about creating something you don't usually create. It could be style, colors, theme or products. I NEVER EVER use the color red. I don't like it. And all of a sudden I felt the urge to make something in red! I have to admit that I got super inspired by Kate Crane on her blog The Kathryn Wheel, both by the use of color and by the use of carved stamps. I love her work!
So, I usually don't create something in red, I usually don't carve my own stamps, I very seldom make Christmas cards (only once a year!) and I very rarely sew on my cards! And I really, really like the outcome. I actually do like this combination of reds!
One sheet of watercolor paper made four cards and six Christmas tags.


The stamped snowflake
The stitched snowflake
The Christmas tags


MATERIAL:
Panduro acrylics: Crimson
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist: Its Red
Tattered Angels: Chalkboard: Cotton Candy
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Glaze: Pink Lady
Dimensional Fabric Paint: Ruby glitter
Some cheap glitter glue in pink, no name
Faber-Castell: PITT Big Brush: Permanent Carmine
Faber-Castell: Gelatos: Watermelon, Red Cherry
Black marker
White Posca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!