Saturday 31 August 2013

12 tags of 2013 - August



 
 
I'm late as always. And Tim's right as always! Frayed burlap and pumice stone really went well together and I really liked the vintage feel to it. He also writes on his blog that stamps are by far one of the most versatile creative tools and with this masking technique I sure have to agree! I haven't masked a lot before because I have been too lazy. But it sure makes the trick!
 
 
As Always, Tim used stuff I don't have, for example the mask sheet from idea-ology. I used a scrap piece of paper to stamp on and then a temporary repositional adhesive. And since his metal embellishments are rather expensive in Sweden I made my own metal tags by stamping into UTEE. I love this color, platinum, since it looks like metal. I have been using this UTEE a lot before, but I think I'll use it even more now when I know I can make fake metal tags with it! ; )
 
 
This wasn't the last time I used frayed burlap and pumice stone together!
The masks positioned on the tag and the inked background stamp
My take on the August tag
And as usual, I made a few!
The one at the bottom is my new bookmark.  


MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
Stampers Anonymous: Boundless Flight, French Market
My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found: Item #LF1067
INKS:
Distress Stains: frayed burlap, pumice stone
Distress Ink Pad: walnut stain
Distress Markers: barn door, mustard seed, faded jeans
StazOn: Jet Black
Embossing ink
OTHER:
Crafter's companion: Stick & Spray
Epiphany Craft Tool
Suze Weinberg's UTEE: platinum



No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!