Sunday 17 June 2012

The Bandana technique (try no 1)

This is also a technique I never would have tried if it weren't for my crafty crew. It is way too colorful for me! One of the girls posted a YouTube video in our Facebook group. I think we all just had to try it! And yes, I actually liked it!

In the YouTube video RachO113 uses StazOn but when I googled on the technique a lot of people also uses Distress Inks. And since I'm a Distress Ink fan I decided to use them instead.

In my first try I blended the Distress Inks together on a piece of paper before I stamped on it. I didn't mind where the different colors would be, I just wanted a colorful background. I also sprayed the background with water to make the Distress Inks react. I started stamping the focal stamp and then I masked the different stamps and continued until I was pleased with the outcome. I used 3D Crystal Glaze and some small plastic beads to highlight the cat and then I added som black Stickles.

These cards took a while to make because not one of my five (!) white gel pens worked so I had to buy a new one. And when I finally had bought a new white gel pen I needed some black Stickles! I also wanted to sew a little on the cards so I had to clean my craft room in order to have a place to put the sewing machine. I probably have worked on these cards for a month or so!!


Från Kylskåp
I just didn´t know what sentiment to put on these colorful cards so I added some fridge poetry to them. I havn't glued it yet since I might want to change it. This one says "from fridge"!



Fira super kompis
"Celebrate super friend", this is the only sentiment that makes sense but since I don´t know who to send the card to I haven't glued this sentiment to the card either.



Frack Snack
"Dress suit chat" - still can change the sentiment!




MATERIAL
STAMPS:
Chat Noir - No idea! Plese tell me if you recognice it!!
Leaf veins - No idea! Plese tell me if you recognice it!!
Flower stamp - No idea! Plese tell me if you recognice it!!
Big paw - Aladine Atelier (B00753)
Small paw - Stampendous (Tiny Paw AA017)
Mesh - Hero Arts (Delicate Wown Fibers F3309)
Text - Hero Arts (Thanks G2679)
OTHER:
Distress Ink: Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Faded jeans
Distress Stains: Barn Door
Black scalloped velvet ribbon - Papperalla
Fridge poetry - from flea market
White gel pen
Stickles: Black Diamond
3D Crystal Glaze
Black plastic beads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!