Monday 7 May 2012

Mini album with pockets!

It has been an awesome weekend! Saturday was spent at a scrapbooking fair not far from where I live. As I don't live close to any scrapbooking shop it's like Christmas everytime that fair is arranged! I think there were six or seven companies that participated. One of them sold Distress Ink pads and refills really cheap! I took all I could get my hands on! And now when I finally have all the refills I just saw that Ranger released refills to the limited edition pads. Oh well...

Sunday we had another crop. This time P was going to show us how to make a mini album out of one sheet of 12 x 12 paper (here's the tutorial). Wow! It was so fun! I will sure make more of these! Unfortunately we all felt kind of tired after the scrapbooking fair so we weren't very creative at the crop. But I got so inspired when I got home so I finished it yesterday evening.


Here is the front. I used a paper from American Traditional Designs: Elegant Wedding - Earthtones. The stamp is from Glitz: GS2389 Love Nest Bird Cage Stamp. Flowers from Reprint, bling from Storyteller and charms bought at Dollarstore (a Swedish shop). The tape I used is a cheap stationary tape I bought at Ö&B (another Swedish shop), it's kind of transparent white. I like it! I used four Distress Inks: Pumice Stone, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon.




Stamps from Basicgrey:aviary, my handwriting, bling from Panduro and a border punch from Martha Stewart. I don't know the name of it since I borrowed it at the crop. I made a tag out of a scrap piece of paper. Stamped it with Flower 4 (PM541886) from Prima Marketing and inked the edges. I used a Distress Marker: Picket Fence, to make two flowes white. This mini album will be a birthday card and I'm going to write the greeting on this tag.


Tiny Alpha Stickers from Kaisercraft under a plastic sticker from Panduro. The bird is painted with Crackle Accents (bought it at the fair, I'm in love with it already!!). Martha Stewart punch: Doily Lace. The tag is made from a masterboard I created at the crop a while ago (yes! I've been into orange for a while now!!). The lyrics are from a song from ABBA, one of my favourite ABBA songs.


Alphabet stamps from Studio G, The flower is from Prima Marketing Paisley Road 1 (PM542030). I borrowed the Friends Forever stamp and the Martha Stewart punch.


Paper clip from Ordning & Reda. The tag is stamped with Paisley Road 2 (PM542047) från Prima Marketing. The Martha Stewart punch and the stamp with the roses is borrowed. The lyric is from a song by Marie Fredriksson of Roxette.


6 comments:

  1. Så härlig variation du fick i ditt minialbum...riktigt sött blev det. gillar burstämpeln på framsidan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Scraptroll! Jag gillar åxå burstämpeln. Jag är väldigt förtjust i fåglar över huvud taget!

      Delete
  2. Det där med att puncha med bordern var tufft. Det kommer jag att göra på nästa album. Himla fin din blev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Diana61! Visst var de roliga att göra?! Det var lite klurigt att få till bårderna, men det blev himla sött. Martha Stewart-puncharna är såå fina! Mer tillagt till önskelistan!

      Delete
  3. Jo, ungefär detta sa jag när jag försökte lämna en kommentar förra gången jag var här( tror jag ;=). Jag är imponerad av att du har lyckats hitta så många "saker" som har med fåglar att göra tex låttexterna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tack U! De kom till mig när jag satt och grejade med alla fågelsaker. Det var inget jag planerade, men jag var ju tvunget att ha något på tagsen! Tänkte åxå på 'Flight of the Icarus' som är en Maiden-låt jag gillar, men jag kom inte ihåg texten just då.

    ReplyDelete

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!